April 9, 2018 - April 13, 2018
Enneagram Resources for Coaches, Therapists, & Professionals
Elks' Club, Palo Alto, California, USA
Grow confidence and skill in using the Enneagram model with clients.
Discover practical ways to integrate the Enneagram’s transformative power within your professional practice. This experiential program provides a deep grounding in The Enneagram personality typology as a highly effective and inspiring client resource.
Professionals drawing on the Enneagram to benefit their clients include coaches, psychotherapists, consultants, leaders, executives, human resource professionals, organizational development consultants, and health professionals, in secular, corporate, spiritual, and community settings.
The Enneagram makes your work with clients easier and more effective. It is an extremely accurate map to guide and inform our work. It helps us leverage optimal outcomes through well-focused effort – on behalf of professional and client alike – because we’re better able to make relevant, incisive, helpful input that goes to the heart of the matter. And because the Enneagram maps the territory so clearly, we can relax into doing our best work with greater ease and confidence.
The Enneagram really can improve the quality, potency, and impact of our client work. Conversely and on a cautionary note, a poor grasp of the Enneagram is at best misleading and often far worse.
We believe that for professionals of integrity keen to work with the Enneagram, training of this quality is not an optional extra – it is essential.
About the Program
This highly experiential and interactive program provides a deep grounding in The Enneagram as an extraordinarily effective and inspiring client resource.
It will equip you to make well-informed, skillful use of the Enneagram in your professional work with clients.
It will enable you to:
· Attune swiftly and deftly to the heart of what’s needed
· Offer client interventions that are more powerful and potent
· Complete initial client intake, assessment or evaluation sessions more comprehensively, in less time
· Design client programs more fully connected to individuals core motivation and deepest needs
· Define purpose and outcome statements aligned with and shaped by clients’ greatest gifts and highest potential
· Create client practices and interventions more clearly fitted to what’s possible, achievable, and most impactful
· Optimize the contact time you have with clients
Beatrice and Uranio will draw on their long and varied experiences teaching and deploying the Enneagram over three decades to help participants understand the centers of intelligence, the personality types, the instincts, and the subtypes at a deep level so that you can recognize and understand the motives and drives of different clients. They will provide many ideas and practices you can apply to help the people you work with in powerful and effective ways.
Topic areas we will cover in the course include:
- The psychological needs and development of the 9 types (this is drawn from my work integrating the Enneagram model with object relations theory about how personality develops in childhood)
- Information about the centers of intelligence, instincts, subtypes, and instinct sequences (which instinct dominates someone’s experience, which is second, and which is “repressed”)
- Assessing people (clients) according to type, subtype, instinct sequence and level of awareness
- What techniques, approaches, and interventions work best with clients of different types and subtypes
- What doesn’t work well with clients of different types and subtypes–what pitfalls to be aware of in working with specific types
- How people of the same type but different subtypes (and instinctual sequences), often need something different to support their growth–and what that is
- Demonstrations with people in the class of how to work with people of different centers, types, and subtypes
- Small group work so people can practice different approaches and interventions
April 9-12, from 9:00am to 6:00pm
April 13, from 9:00am to 5:00pm
Included: Light breakfast, lunch, snacks, and materials
Accommodations not included, but list of hotels will be provided–there are many hotel options within a few blocks of the venue.
Location: Elks Lodge, 4249 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306, USA, 35 miles south of San Francisco
Cost: Early bird price (register before February 1, 2018): $1275, after February 1, 2018: $1400
Upon registration, you will receive information via email about all logistics connected to this course, including who to write to to request accommodation for special needs.
Refunds: Refunds are provided to registrants up until 30 days before the course start date. No refunds are provided when registrants cancel within 30 days of the course, but some portion of the course fee may be applied to a future training at the instructors’ discretion.
Any grievances should be sent in writing to email@example.com
Beatrice Chestnut, PhD MA is a licensed psychotherapist, executive coach, and business consultant based in San Francisco. She has a PhD in communication studies and an MA in clinical psychology. A student of the Enneagram system of personality since 1990, she is author of the books, The Complete Enneagram: 27 Paths to Greater Self-Knowledge and The 9 Types of Leadership: Mastering the Art of People in the 21st-Century Workplace. Currently employed as adjunct faculty at Sonoma State University’s MA in Organization Development program, she has taught at Northwestern University and the California Institute of Integral Studies and was trained in group facilitation at Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business beginning in 2000. She served as President of the International Enneagram Association from 2006-2007 and teaches workshops on the Enneagram internationally, focusing on using it as a tool for leadership development and personal healing and transformation.
Uranio Paes, MM is internationally recognized as a leading Enneagram facilitator, coach, and organization development consultant. He holds an MBA from Brazil’s top business school and has worked in corporate settings for over two decades and now specializes in doing transformational work with groups and individuals based in the Enneagram model of personality. As Founder and CEO of UP9 Desenvolvimento Humano, he has done organizational consulting, training, and executive coaching using the Enneagram for over 15,000 professionals of over 40 leading organizations in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia and Mexico (2003 to 2016).
A former President of the International Enneagram Association, Uranio leads the Enneagram Worldwide Narrative Tradition Professional Training (EPTP) Program in Brazil, Spain, and Portugal. He speaks Portuguese, Spanish, and English fluently, and is founder and CEO of Mundo Eneagrama, a global Enneagram learning community that offers a large variety of high-quality Enneagram content online as well as live workshops offered internationally by him and his team of Enneagram faculty around the world.