October 31, 2018 - November 4, 2018
The Real Enneagram: Inner Work Retreat A
Petaluma, California, USA--30 minutes north of San Francisco
Co-led by Beatrice Chestnut and Uranio Paes
(formerly titled, Rising Above the Instinctual Subtypes)
Wisdom tradition tells us that it is in becoming aware of our animal nature and using the capacity for conscious reflection (we as humans uniquely have) that we develop the ability to routinely impose an inner witness and observe our instinctual reactions and our passions in action. This kind of inner work gives us the power to intervene to intercept automatic behavior (stimulated by the interaction of the dominant instinct and the lower emotional center) and transcend to a higher level of consciousness.
This retreat offers an in-depth intensive experience of the three core instincts, the six instinctual sequences (the six possible ways in which the instincts can be “ordered”) and the twenty-seven subtype personalities. Through both group and individual work, video clips, and the latest teachings on the instincts and subtypes, we will learn about this important dimension of the Enneagram model. Within the context of a rich group setting, we will support each other in understanding the ways in which our dominant, secondary, and repressed instincts drive our behavior. We will also gain insight into how our instincts combine with our passions and our type patterns to structure our experience.
The exploration of the ways our personalities act out our instinctual biases and emotional and cognitive patterns will culminate in participants identifying specific growth challenges, working with them in-depth in real-time, and developing a plan for continuing inner work beyond the retreat.
This retreat will support and encourage you in doing powerful Enneagram-based inner work by providing the information, the experiences, the support, and the path to be able to intentionally rising above the habitual automatic reactivity of your personality.
You will learn:
- to recognize and understand defensive behavior driven by your instincts operating through your personality (sub)type patterns
- to see how your passion and instinctual makeup operate as a unified system
- to gain insight into how your passion combines with your instinctual needs to shape unconscious behavior
- much more about the ways in which the 6 instinctual sequences and the 27 subtypes manifest
- to become more conscious of unconscious, instinct-driven behavior and how to intercept it
- to compassionately support yourself in doing the work of seeing your animal nature and becoming more human through creating and receiving support around a plan for your self-work
This Retreat is the first retreat in a three-retreat series that forms part of our certification program in Inner Transformation. For more information on our certification programs, visit the “Products and Services” page.
Dates: October 31 through November 4, 2018
Times: The workshop will be five full days, beginning at 9:00am on Wednesday, October 31 and continuing through to Sunday, November 4 at 5:00pm.
The first four days we will meet from 9:00am to 6:00pm, and the last day, November 4, we will meet from 9:00am to 5:00pm. We will also meeting in the evening after dinner for evening sessions, on Days 2, 3, and 4.
If you are staying at the venue, you should plan to arrive on the afternoon or evening of Tuesday, October 30 (as we start at 9am on October 31). The residential price includes dinner and accommodation beginning with dinner on October 30 and ending with dinner on November 4.
Location: Earthrise Retreat Center at the Institute of Noetic Sciences, 101 San Antonio Road, Petaluma, California (35 minutes north of San Francisco), 94952, USA
Cost: Single room residential (tuition, materials, lodging, and all meals included) = $2125, Double/shared room residential (tuition, materials, shared room lodging and all meals included) = $1775, Commuter (tuition, materials, and meals included, but lodging not included) = $1375
Residential prices include all meals and lodging for 5 nights (arriving October 30 and departing on November 4 ). Staying over the last night will be an extra charge and must be arranged in advance.
Please note: The accommodations at the Earthrise Retreat Center are basic (not fancy) with shared bathrooms. We can provide a list of local hotels if you prefer more upscale accommodations and you do not live in the area.
No refunds after October 1, (within 30 days of the event). We are not able to offer refunds within 30 days of the start of the event for any reason. But you may apply a portion of your payment to a future workshop at our discretion.
- This course meets the qualifications for 36 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Beatrice Chestnut is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for therapists and counselors. Beatrice Chestnut maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content. CE Provider #70025